Registration for our junior players (aged 4-16) for summer 2019/20 is now open!
Baseball Australia has rolled out a new online registration portal this year, so parents will need to create a new user account when registering. Detailed instructions on how to register and the link to the registration database can be found by clicking here.
The club has implemented a number of new initiatives this summer to get kids playing baseball, including:
- Sponsorship money has been utilised to provide loan jerseys for EVERY new player in our U7/U8/U9 Tball teams.
- Every new player to the club will receive their first Forest cap FREE!
- Our U7 Aussie Tball program has been subsidised to include a glove, cap, pants, and a playing top (top on loan) for just $50 with an Active Kids Voucher!
- New scoreboards will be in place on EVERY ground this summer to improve the player and spectator experience at Aquatic.
- And most importantly…we put in an early order for plenty of seeds in the canteen to start the season!
In addition, Forest will be launching SPRING TRAINING for Forest players and their friends every Sunday during August (A4 and/or A5 from 10am-11.30am). These informal training and game sessions are aimed at those between U7 and Little League Major (i.e. 5 to 11 years old). We encourage our players to bring their friends along to give the game a try themselves with a view to signing up their mates to play baseball prior to the season commencing in September.
Spring training sessions will be run by qualified coaches and include warm up drills, specific positional training (pitching/catching) and mini games modified to suit each age group (Tball/Zooka/Live Pitch). Most of all – it is aimed at getting our players back on the field and having some fun! Sessions commence August 4th. More details to come.
There’s never been a better time to play baseball than right now!