Forest Baseball Club fields a number of teams in the Manly Winter Baseball League.
There are generally four or five grades in the Winter League, ranging from experienced and highly competitive baseball in 1st grade, through to a very social level of baseball in 4th (or 5th) grade. Forest will field teams in every grade.
The graded competition is structured to offer participants of all levels of ability (beginners to representative level players) an opportunity to experience playing baseball at home on the Northern Beaches with limited travel. Most games are played at Aquatic Reserve Baseball Park in Frenchs Forest, Rat Park in Warriewood or Abbott Road in Curl Curl, with some played at Balgowlah Oval in Balgowlah.
Games are 2 hour timed games played at 12 noon and 2.30pm on Saturday or Sunday afternoons (Note: 1st and 2nd grade teams play at 12.30pm and 2.45pm).
Key 2020 season information includes:
- Season dates: July 4th/5th to September 12th/13th with Grand Finals to be held the weekend of September 19th/20th.
- Fees: Starting from $110 for players that played summer or $170 for those that didn’t play summer. Active Kids Vouchers can be used for U18s.
- Each registration category has an option of ‘Volunteer’ or ‘No volunteer’. ‘Volunteers’ will be asked to umpire, attend working bees, etc during the season. ‘No volunteer’ will pay an additional $50 which will be used by the club to pay for umpiring etc. We only get out what we each put in as a Club working together.
- Grading: Forest will field at least one team in every grade available.
- 5th grade: Due to COVID-19 we are unsure if there will be enough teams to make up a 5th grade this winter, however this may change as registrations come in and we encourage new players, particularly parents of juniors, to sign up and request 5th grade. We also encourage cricketers to contact us to find a grade to suit your ability.
If you have any questions about playing for a Forest team please contact Joe Weller at: firstname.lastname@example.org